In this lab set, you will take on the role of a computer forensic analyst, using industry tools and practices. Computer forensics is the practice of collecting, analyzing and reporting on digital data in a way that is legally admissible. It can be used in the detection and prevention of crime and in any dispute where evidence is stored digitally. Computer forensics follows a similar process to other forensic disciplines, and faces similar issues.
- Understanding case law with computer forensics (Federal and Civil) - Why Daubert, Frye and Other standards are used
Complete case law assignments:
ii. Multiple choice test
iii. Essay assignment
Acquisition of live evidence using industry tools
- Learn sequence of operation
- Understand strengths and weaknesses in forensic processes
- Utilizing native tools in Windows 2019 server with forensic tools
- Understanding Chain of Custody
- Implementing Chain of Custody
Process Acquired evidence using Paraben E3 P2C
- Learn how to use professional forensic tool E3 P2C
- Search Evidence for artifacts
- Build case report
- Prepare for court
- Practitioner will now have the ability to perform Digital Forensics acquisition.
- Practitioner will know the process and how to implement Chain of Custody while performing an investigation or acquisition.
- Practitioner will know federal and civil law using Daubert Frye and Other standards.
- Practitioner will know how to use industry standard tools (FTK, Paraben E3, Windows 2019 native)
- Practitioner will know how to build case report
- Practitioner will know how to prepare for court
- HTML5 Compliant web browser (FireFox, Opera, Chrome, Safari and Iceweasel) for Virtual Machine Access
- Internet Speeds between 768Kbps - 2Mbps
- Average 30 to 60 minutes per day over course of 3 days (with ability to leave environment and resume later)
- Product Code: Forensics
- Availability: In Stock